[pstricks] read only every third line with \readdata

Philipp Loosmann PSTricks at loosmann.de
Mon Mar 6 12:14:16 CET 2006

Herbert Voss wrote:
> Philipp Loosmann wrote:

>> in previous messages I read about 'ignore the first n rows' with
>> \readdata.
>> Is it possible to step over n rows while using \readdata?
>>
>> I'm using  `PSTricks-add' v2.73

> all possible options are decribed in the documentation.
> nStart, nEnd, xStart, ...

> Herbert

Dear Herbert,

after reading PStricks, 3. Edition, 15.4.6.1, in my opinion
plotting \dataA and \dataB should show the same result, but it
doesn't, at least on my system.

%Example

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\begin{filecontents*}{test.dat}
0 0
1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4
5 5
6 6
\end{filecontents*}

\begin{document}
\readdata{\dataA}{test.dat}
\begin{pspicture}(0,0)(9,9)
    \psaxes{->}(0,0)(7,7)
    \listplot[plotstyle=dots,xStart=3]{\dataA}
\end{pspicture}

\readdata[xStart=2.98]{\dataB}{test.dat}
\begin{pspicture}(0,0)(9,9)
    \psaxes{->}(0,0)(7,7)
    \listplot[plotstyle=dots]{\dataB}

%End Example

Are all options of \listplot also possible for using \readdata, or are
there some differences?

Thank you.

Philipp