[pstricks] Name conflicts with multido and the fltpoint package

dpstory at uakron.edu dpstory at uakron.edu
Fri Jan 13 13:52:20 CET 2006

The recent version of multido implements two macros named \fpAdd and \fpSub

 \fpAdd{num1}{num2}{command}
 \fpSub{num1}{num2}{command}

The floating point package, which we use to create animations for out AcroTeX
Presentation Bundle (APB) uses the fltpoint package. In that package, there is
defined

 \fpAdd{command}{num1}{num2}
 \fpSub{command}{num1}{num2}

Same functionality, but different argument order.

Here is a typically usage from one of our animation files

\multido{\i=1+1}{41}{\frame\fpAdd{\xi}{\xi}{\myDelta}\fpAdd{\ai}{\ai}{\myDeltaA}}

The first LaTeX error is

! Argument of \multido at temp has an extra }.

Any solutions? I know, switch to fp package.

dps

--
Dr. D. P. Story / Dept. of Theoretical and Applied Mathematics / The University of
Akron /