[pstricks] pstricks on top of an image

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 12 14:49:43 CET 2006

Poul Riis wrote:
> I'm trying to draw a pstricks-curve on top of an image of the sun, taken
> with my digital camera.
> After some trial and error I also achieved what I wanted.
> But is it possible to do it in a more controlled way? Or more precisely:
> Can I put the origin of the coordinate system in a controlled spot on the
> image - some centimeters to the right of the left edge and some
> centimeters above the lower edge of the image?

at frist you should create an _real_ eps file with
a correct bounding box, then it is easy to put it
in the lower left corner.

Herbert

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}

\newsavebox\IBox
\savebox\IBox{\includegraphics{fladsol.eps}}
\readdata{\dataI}{fladsol.dat}

\begin{pspicture}(\wd\IBox,\ht\IBox)
   \rput[lb](0,0){\usebox\IBox}
   \pstScalePoints(1,1){3.35 add}{5 sub}
   \listplot[nStep=1,linewidth=0.1pt,dotscale=1.0,
     linecolor=red,plotstyle=dots]{\dataI}
   \listplot[linewidth=0.1pt,linecolor=blue]{\dataI}
   \rput(3.35,3){\includegraphics{flad_sol_color.ps}}