[pstricks] Post-processing placement of typeset text

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Sep 21 18:40:43 CEST 2004

Alan Ristow wrote:

> It appears to me that \rput places its text into an \hbox at the origin,
> typesets it, then translates it to the required location. The approach
> that seems most obvious to me is to place each typeset contour label
> into a PS array, then get each label from the array and translate it
> upon execution of the PS file. Problem is, I'm not sure how to put the
> labels into the PS array. I'm also interested in other algorithms, if
> anybody has any ideas. Clearly I'm treading into unfamiliar territory
> here, and I'm afraid I might be thinking too much like a C programmer to
> find an efficient solution.

for psbrace I set a node and then modify the \rput at iv
macro. Have a look at the pstricks-add code for
\psbrace

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes