[pstricks] Re: Bardiag.sty

Roman Stepanyan rstepanyan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 11:10:52 CET 2004

Hi Andreas,

Negative bars themselves are not a problem: you can use a negative value
in \baritem:

\baritem{Topic}{-221}{green}

One can also "move" the X-axis labels down by, say:
\renewcommand{\textoffset}{-2.5cm}
(see the post scriptum of this message)

So, space "for negative bars" will be created.

However, the major problem is that bardiag assumes that the "Zero-point" has
(always) coordinates (0,0). You see, there is no argument in \bardiagbegin
which would say that "Y axis should start at -10 and end at 10". So, the
diagram will not look nice in the sence that frame is still where is was and no
level lines are drawn.

Thus, the answer is: it is, unfortunately, impossible (without major tweaking)
to change the default behavior.

You made a very good point - I never thought about negative values along Y.
I'll certainly put it in my "to do" list.

Cheers,

Roman

P.S.
If it helps: example of "negative bars"

\renewcommand{\betweenticks}{200}
\renewcommand{\textoffset}{-2.5cm}
\bardiagrambegin{9.5}{1000}{7cm}{1}{2}{1cm}{0.01cm}
    \drawlevellines
    \baritem{First}{-221}{green}
    \baritem{Second}{412}{red}
    \baritem{Third}{-110}{yellow}