[pstricks] pstricks and xfig

Franco Bagnoli franco.bagnoli at unifi.it
Fri May 16 10:36:34 CEST 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Denis Girou wrote:

>   Nevertheless, just taking an eye on it, I saw it as a lot more specialized
> and highly less powerful (but in early stage of development) than XFig, and
> also I did not truly see it advantages comparing to Eukleides
> ( http://perso.wanadoo.fr/obrecht/ ), which has already itself a PSTricks
> output driver (but as my opinions are very superficial here - and as I did not
> need these tools myself -, I can be wrong!)

I agree that they are quite specialized. But What I would like to have an
opinion about is:

- I like the approach of developing "objects" based on "reference points".
It makes easy to draw also non-geometric figures.

- If this approach is right, it is quite easy to write a simple
"container" for ghostscript that allows to select the reference point with
the mouse and go to the right place in the source code. The simplest way
of doing that is to ouput the coordinates of reference points, along with
the line number of the source code in an external file, and then write a
simple application (gtk, tk, qt...)

--
Franco Bagnoli (franchino) <franco.bagnoli at unifi.it> (bagnoli at dma.unifi.it)
virtual location: Dipartimento di Energetica "S. Stecco"