[pstricks] Strange behaviour \ncline & fillstyle

Stephan Lehmke lehmke at ls1sol02.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Oct 9 10:55:28 CEST 2002

"Christophe JORSSEN" wrote on Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:15:03 +0200:

> I've encountered a strange interaction between \ncline and fillstyle in the
> example below
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{pst-node}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{pspicture}(3,3)
> \pnode(0,0){A}
> \pnode(3,3){B}
> \psset{fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=black}
> \ncline[linestyle=none]{A}{B}
> \end{pspicture}
>
> \begin{pspicture}(3,3)
> \pnode(0,0){A}
> \pnode(3,3){B}
> \psset{fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=black}
> \ncline[linestyle=none,fillstyle=none]{A}{B}
> \end{pspicture}
> \end{document}
>
> In the first example, a "shadow" line is drawn between node A and node B
> where no line should be drawn (linestyle=none). Why does the fillstyle
> parameter affect the drawing of a line ? Is it a bug ?

A line is a path. fillstyle=solid will fill any area created by a path.
This becomes more visible if you use \ncarc.

It sounds strange that a completely linear path should create any `area'
at all for filling, but it seems normally with linestyle=solid, the
filling is obscured by the line itself.

> I've solved the problem adding fillstyle=none to \ncline like in the second
> example, but is there a better solution ?

It's the same I use.

regards
Stephan

  Stephan Lehmke     		 Stephan.Lehmke at cs.uni-dortmund.de
  Fachbereich Informatik, LS I	 Tel. +49 231 755 6434
  Universitaet Dortmund		 FAX 		  6555
  D-44221 Dortmund, Germany