PSTricks and Textures

Thomas Meigen t.meigen at augenklinik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Jan 22 14:30:27 CET 1998

Michal Marvan wrote:

>I tried the "new" procedure, which is as simple as follows:
>- get files from pstricks/generic and pstricks/dvips (and pstricks/latex,
>if needed)
>- put them in the TeX input folder
>- rename textures17.con to pstricks.con
>- open the pstricks.pro file and replace the line
>
>/STV { SDict begin normalscale end STP  } def
>
>with
>
>/STV { Mag 72.27 72 div mul dup neg scale STP  } def
>
>(thanks to Michael J. Sharpe).
>
>In my current environment (Textures 1.7.7) this really works (by the
>pstricks/orig.doc/pst-test.tex test). If the pstricks.pro file is left
>unchanged, a PostScript error on the third page of pst-test.tex is
>produced. (I know that pst-test.tex is currently not supported.)
>
>Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks! Yes, I can confirm this. The new and simple procedure works, and if I
leave the pstricks.pro file unchanged, I can print pages 1 and 2, but not
page 3
from pst-test.tex! However, I was not successful in using the pst-text package.
When printing the testfile tp-test.tex (version 1. July 1997), there was no
postscript error, but also no textpath along the line. Do I have to make
similar changes in pst-text.pro as in pstricks.pro?

When reading the rest of your message I remembered why I tried to re-do the
pst-make way.

>Now everything appears to be really simple. Hardly it needs any
>explanation (other than clear statement that the old way with pst-make is
>contraproductive).

>> %% Configuration file for PSTricks v0.93a, 93/03/12.
>> %% For use with Textures, v1.7 (and later?).
>> %%
>> %% This uses the header files. You must first run pst-make.tex
>> %% to generate new .tex and .pro files.
>
>For me this was a *clear* instruction, which did not contradict anything
>what I have read in README.

In the earlier version you had to
copy some lines within pstricks.con to use the textures-version. During the
processing of pst-make, pstricks.con was included and the .tex and .pro files
were produced. Thus from looking in the textures17.con files I thought that
I would
have to re-generate all .tex and .pro files (a *clear* instruction) based on
the new textures17.con->pstrick.con file. But then my problems of copying
pst-make.tex to
the pstricks/generic directory and my problems in producing the other .pro
files arose.

Thomas

Thomas Meigen   Uni-Augenklinik
                Josef-Schneider-Str. 11
                D-97080 Wuerzburg
Tel.:           ++49(931)201-2437
Fax:            ++49(931)201-2245
Email:          t.meigen at augenklinik.uni-wuerzburg.de

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>