[pdftex] hypertext and merged pdf

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue May 16 01:34:47 CEST 2006

On 5/15/06, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

>   > P.S. I discovered that one of my papers
>   > http://www.math.toronto.edu/ivrii/Research/preprints/IRO6.pdf
>
>   > is not appreciated by gs (while could be merged using Acrobat
>   > 7.07):
>
> It depends on the version of ghostscript.  There is probably a bug in
> gs-8.53.

Thanks. I think that neither pdftex nor gs caused the problem:
practically all my papers have the same preamble and thus the same
fonts and (almost) all others work fine. When I took a latex (rather
than pdflatex) version and generated dvi and pdf all links stopped to
be clickable.

Actually the same is true with "working" conversion under 7.03. I
suspect that Maple generated pictures are the source of the problem.
Removing them normalized everything and they contained some fonts.
Further, I found another article where I used the same pictures with
axes and it also failed. Other papers used no-axes pictures and they
passed.

I would consider this as rather minor but some places like arXiv
require latex (not pdflatex).
                                              Victor