[pdftex] pdftex 1.21a

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Sat Feb 5 17:26:05 CET 2005

Hi,

mmh, I'm wondering if you do develop extra versions besides Thanh's? Or did
you miss the v1.20c changes by him? I didn't find anything in your NEWS
file about this (you moved from v1.20b to v1.21a). And I definitively need
these ... ;-(

Best regards,
Ulrich Dirr

Martin Schroeder wrote:
> The pdfTeX team is happy to announce the release of a new stable version:

                             pdfTeX 1.21a

> This is the announcement of pdfTeX 1.21a, an extended version of TeX that
> can create PDF directly from TeX source files and enhance the result of
TeX
> typesetting with the help of PDF.

>   Main change of pdfTeX 1.21a:

> - ttf2afm 1.0:
>     - added support for refering to glyphs via unicode in encoding files
(ie
>       'uniXXX')
>     - added some more info to the AFM output
>     - some minor bug fixes
>     - a short documentation available
>
> - pdftex now understand forms 'uniXXXX' in encoding files (only makes
sense
>   with TrueType fonts)
>
> - added subset tag for TrueType fonts
>
> - Fixed a bug in the scanning of map lines introduced in the the fix of
bug
>   #242 in 1.20b.
>
> - Fixed three problems in xpdf; xpdf is now 3.00pl3
>
> - \ifeof18 is a simple method to test if \write18 is enabled.
>
> - a few extensions in pdfxtex:
>     - \pdflastximagecolordepth returns the last color depth
>     - \pdfximage supports a keyword "colorspace" following an object
number
>       representing a ColorSpace object
>     - \pdfstrcmp compares two strings
>     - \pdfescapestring/\pdflastescapedstring provide a mean to escape
string
>     -
\pdffirstlineheight/\pdflastlinedepth/\pdfeachlineheight/\pdfeachlinedepth