[pdftex] pdftex 1.30 on mac os x / fink

Salsifis salsifis at free.fr
Sat Aug 6 16:59:21 CEST 2005

dear list,
as a kind of newbie, i just wanted to share my experience on building
pdftex 1.30 on mac os x 10.3 with the tetex-base 3.0-1 package from
fink.
* a first caveat was the Build script : the hfsplus filesystem on mac
is case preserving but case insensitive (why on hell?), thus it
autodestructs itself with the build directory: i did
$ mv Build Build.sh
* the script didn't find the texmf tree, but that was an easy one: I
changed the path in src/configure to /sw
* the rest was easy :
$ sudo  cp build/texk/web2c/pdftex.pool   /sw/share/texmf/web2c/ &&
sudo cp build/texk/web2c/pdfetex.pool   /sw/share/texmf/web2c/ && sudo
cp build/texk/web2c/pdftex /sw/bin && sudo  cp build/texk/web2c/pdfetex
/sw/bin && sudo fmtutil-sys --refresh && fmtutil --refresh
and voila:
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.0-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)

thanks to the developpers for the work, transparency was really an
important feature for me.
Laurent