[pdftex] hyperref problem with the reference to page

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 13:42:36 CEST 2005

In the books usually first few pages are roman numbered and then
arabic numeration starts from 1. So the number which is shown on the
page (let call it logical_pagenumber) and its physical number
(physal_pagenumber) differ. If I refer to page with
logical_pagenumber=14
pdf understands it as a reference to physal_pagenumber=14.

This happens if the reference to the page apper in the automatically
generated Table of Contents or Subject Index.

Furthermore, if I want to sample the book deleting bulk of the pages
via pdf output but leaving few first and last pages, physical page
numbers change but logical do not. Does anyone know how force pdf to
place in the links reference to logical page numbers  rather than
physical page number?

Thank you in advance