[pdftex] pdfTex on EPOC32

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Thu Apr 14 19:43:06 CEST 2005

Hi Vishal,

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Vishal Kothari wrote:

> I was able to build pdfTex for EPOC32, but it crashes. I tried to
> debug it and it crashed at the following point in the pdftexini.c file
> at around line no. 340:
>
>       mem [k].cint = 0;

this looks like an even documented problem. Check tex.ch; you will find:

mem_min := mem_bot - extra_mem_bot;
mem_max := mem_top + extra_mem_top;

yzmem:=xmalloc_array (memory_word, mem_max - mem_min + 1);
zmem := yzmem - mem_min;   {this pointer arithmetic fails with some compilers}
mem := zmem;

All this looks rather hacky. Maybe zmem wraps around zero, resulting in
a segfault. Maybe you can sprinkle pdftexini.c with printf() statements
to find out the values of extra_mem_bot, zmem, yzmem, and mem_min there.
Maybe try to go without the subtractions.

BTW, what you are trying is an interesting venture.

Good luck!

Hartmut