[pdftex] cropping whitespace in pdfs

Elisabeth Baker Elisabeth.Baker at aplac.com
Wed Sep 10 18:12:48 CEST 2003

Greetings!

I have several small pdf documents, each with 3-15 lines of
pdflatex-processed text followed by a link (using hyperref) to its relevant
page in a multi-volume set of on-line reference books.  (The small documents
appear first, to invite the users' curiosity, then if the user clicks, the
big ships come out.)

How can I trim down the dimensions of these small pdfs so they look more
tidy?  (I want to do this in an automated way, because there are hundreds of
them.)

I have also turned some pictures into pdfs because they had been encoded for
ps processing and I want to use pdflatex.  If I can trim them down likewise,
then I can then include in the volumes using \includegraphics.  There are
likewise many of these pictures, including much variety.  Could I crop them
in the same automated way as the small pdf pages?

Best regards,
Elisabeth
Elisabeth G. Baker, Manager
Publications & Technical Documentation
APLAC Solutions Corp.
Lars Sonckin kaari 16, P.O. Box 284, 02600 Espoo, Finland

email:	elisabeth.baker at aplac.com
tel:   	+358 40 513 7074
fax:	+358 9 540 450 40

The Freedom To Do Things Right. www.aplac.com