[pdftex] TIFF files from Photoshop 6

Martin Schroeder martin at oneiros.de
Sun Jan 20 03:29:17 CET 2002

On 2002-01-19 19:56:56 -0500, Jeffrey McArthur wrote:
> The tag is not part of the TIFF v6 spec, but it is documented by Adobe.  How
> do I go about getting someone to change the TIFF libraries that are used in
> PDFTeX so that this no longer generates a warning dialog?

pdfTeX uses libtiff to read TIFFs, so your best bet is to contact
those responsible for libtiff (maybe at www.libtiff.org or
libtiff.sf.net).

But TIFF support in pdfTeX is suboptimal; your best bet is to
export PDF from PhotoShop and include that in pdfTeX.

> At the very least, I would like to see the pop-up dialog change into an
> entry into the TeX log file.

I suppose that pdfTeX doesn't know anything about the message; it
may come from the routines for reading TIFFs in libtiff.

Best regards
    Martin
--
                http://www.tm.oneiros.de/calendar/2002/