[pdftex] PSTricks

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Jan 17 08:31:25 CET 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 at 20:27, John S. Dey wrote:

   I have discovered "The Latex Graphics Companion" and have been
   trying out some of the techniques presented using pdflatex.
   I haven't been able to get some of the color examples to work.
   Could someone suggest changes to, as an example, 4-5-14, which
   uses pstcol and pst-char packages to place a background color
   in a character font while the border of the character has a
   different color.  The example works with the dvips driver but
   not pdflatex.  I am using the standard pdftex that comes with
   RH7.1 Linux.  I have updated the pdftex.def file.

pdfTeX will not work with PSTricks code, however there is a package
available at CTAN, pdftricks.sty that allows you to use psTricks
code with pdfTeX. Please grab it and try.

--
Radhakrishnan