[pdftex] PSTricks

rhowlett at mail.usyd.edu.au rhowlett at mail.usyd.edu.au
Thu Jan 17 18:09:14 CET 2002

Basically, pdftex  can't cope with the pstricks macros, since they
involve tex \special's featuring raw postscript code, and pdftex
does not incorporate a postscript interpreter.

Nowadays there is a pdftricks package for pdflatex, which in some
way enables pdflatex to deal with pstricks: when a pstricks
figure is encountered it calls up latex and dvips and ghostscript
on the fly to generate postscript and convert it to pdf for
subsequent inclusion by pdflatex. As written, it assumes your
operating system is linux/unix. I've never tried it myself.

Bob Howlett

----