[pdftex] font warning from new tetex rpms

James W. Haefner jhaefner at biology.usu.edu
Wed Jan 9 23:59:50 CET 2002

I use a standard install from RH7.2 and recently updated the tetex rpms (finally they
are shipping pdftex 14h).  I for one, have had good experiences with RH rpms and
pdflatex (formerly after hand-installing current pdflatex's). But now I get this warning
using the new RH7.2 rpms for pdflatex:

Warning: pdflatex (file /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map): invalid entr
y for `rtxphvbo': SlantFont/ExtendFont can be used only with embedded T1 fonts

this is repeated for rtxphvro, rtxptmbo, rtxptmro

Here is the pdftex.map entry.
rtxphvbo Helvetica-Bold ".167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <tx8r.enc

I'm unfamiliar with the rtx fonts; is the warning indicating a bad pdftex.map file or an
incompatible font, or something else?

thanks

Jim Haefner

--
James W. Haefner
Department of Biology   Email: jhaefner at biology.usu.edu
Utah State University   Voice: 435-797-3553
Logan, UT 84322-5305      Fax: 435-797-1575