[pdftex] More on printing with Acrobat 5

Oscar Chavez oc918 at mizzou.edu
Wed Jan 9 09:55:37 CET 2002

At 11:26 AM +0200 1/9/02, P.W.Daly, MPAe, Lindau, Germany wrote:

>I have now found the solution (I hope) to both of these. Updating to Acrobat
>5.0.5 solved the additional "missing" font problem. And the missing characters
>could be solved by unclicking  "Optimize for speed" in the print menu.

I have had problems printing from Acrobat 5.0, so I stopped using
pdfTeX at all, and began using dvips + Distiller. I just tried what
you recommend, and it didn't work.

I am using pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00a-pretest-20010806 (CMacTeX),
and Acrobat 5.0.5, I unclicked "Optimize for speed" and I am getting
some mising characters in CM: ligatures in CM (Package times works
fine), minus signs, subset signs in CM, and who knows what else.

A test can be found at http://www.missouri.edu/~oc918/test.html. I
hope the log file can provide information about my installation, if
that is needed.

Oscar Chávez <oc918 at mizzou.edu>
Mathematics Education -- University of Missouri