[pdftex] URL for latest PDFTeX / what happend with tug.org?

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 26 10:05:33 CET 2001

> I can't find tug.org or www.tug.org anymore:
>
> nslookup tug.org
> Answer crypto-validated by server:
> Server:  localhost
> Address:  127.0.0.1
>
> *** localhost can't find tug.org: Non-existent host/domain
>
> And therefore: Where can I get the latest and best PDFTeX?

soemthing in your system knew how to route to tug.org, as otherwise
your message wouldn't have got to us.

apart from the myriad sources already listed, there's always (gasp!)
ctan.  but i don't suppose many people associate ctan with being a
source of software any more :-(

thanh -- should be be mirroring from freesoftware.com?  (would seem a
bit odd, as they will then mirror it back from us in some other part
of their vast tree...)

Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge