[pdftex] Movies in PDF documents with pdfTeX

Gérard Degrez degrez at vki.ac.be
Thu Dec 27 13:14:04 CET 2001

After browsing through the pdftex manual, Thomas Merz's pdfmark
primer and getting a suggestion from a subscriber of the GUTenberg
list, I think that it should be possible to include a link to a movie
using the \pdfannot command. However, although the code
\pdfannot{[ /Rect [0 0 400 300]
/Type /Annot
/Subtype /Movie
/Title (Vorticity)
/Movie << /F (intro.mov) >>
/A << /ShowControls true >>
/ANN pdfmark}
produces no compilation error, it does not provide the desired result
(as a matter of fact, the resulting pdf file cannot be opened by
Acrobat Reader).

I am clearly missing something. Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Gérard Degrez