[pdftex] Inclusion of pdf graphics

Martin Schroeder martin at oneiros.de
Wed Dec 19 10:52:20 CET 2001

On 2001-12-18 21:59:35 +0100, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> This worked well with 0.14h but now, most of the images are rotated by
> 90 degrees.

Wrongly.

> The problem is that gs7.03 puts a "/Rotate 90" into the pdf file if
> the /MediaBox is set by epstopdf:
> print OUT "<< /PageSize [$width $height] >> setpagedevice\n";
>
> This looks like a bug in gs7.03.  But the "/Rotate 90" obviously has
> been ignored by older pdftex versions.

Which was a bug. Older pdfTeX versions ignored the /Rotate key,
newer ones honour it.

> If I change all occurrences of "/Rotate 90" to "/Rotate  0",
> everything works well with pdftex-1.0.
>
> Can anyone confirm that this is a bug in ghostscript 7.03?

It's a bug in older pdfTeX versions.

> Furthermore I just see that the latest version of pdftex ignores the
> /CropBox.  In version 0.14h the /CropBox was used instead of the
> /MediaBox if it was supplied.

The behaviour should not have changed. Can you send me a test
file? And which version of pdfTeX are you using?

Best regards
        Martin
--
                http://www.tm.oneiros.de/calendar/2002/