[pdftex] Hyphenating Cyrillic text.

Michael Chapman mchapman at mchapman.com
Tue Dec 4 09:29:00 CET 2001

On Tuesday 04 December 2001 08:23, Boris Tobotras wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 19:58:17 GMT, Michael Chapman wrote:
> > I need to hyphenate several languages.
> >
> > I have edited LANGUAGE.DAT
> >
> > One (I forget which) of the files tells me to edit TEXMF.CNF and to then
> > rebuild using TEXCONFIG INIT
>
> 	Don't mess with texmf.cnf; just uncomment right languages in
> language.dat and then run "texconfig init". Note that you hyphenate
> language, not alphabet, hence you uncomment "russian", for example.

Thanks. That works, but  _only__ if I comment out a couple of 'major' Western
European languages.

If not, I get something like :

! Tex capacity exceeded, sorry [pattern memory=65535]

hence my quest to tinker with TRIE_SIZE, which then still gives a capacity
exceeded.
The comment in TEXMF.CNF next to TRIE_SIZE is the one hat suggests altering
parameters in TEX.CH which mys system (in lower case!) does not  _seem_  to
possess ???

Regards, Michael.