[pdftex] pdftex compression -- proposed addition to manual

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 21 11:43:39 CEST 2001

At 10:37 PM 8/20/2001 +0100, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> >   Since the people who maintain the manual haven't responded, I'm
> >   wondering if this list is even the right place to discuss it. I couldn't
> >   find their e-mails on the manual's webpage
>
>this is a traditional holiday period in the n hemisphere, and i know
>that at least one contributor to the manual is away, and that thanh
>himself is very busy.  let's not panic here ... the contribution looks
>interesting (i know next to nothing about pdf internals so that's as
>much as i can say), but it does need expert review.  let's allow time
>for that to happen.

when thanh's back in vietnam [next month or so] we will start updating the
manual; keep in mind however, that for general info about how to use pdftex
in macro packages, the macro package documentation should cover that, and
with regards to specific pdf issues, there is the pdf reference manual, and
with regards to graphics, compression and alike, lots of docs circulate on
the internet.

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl