[pdftex] pdftex compliance..

Oscar Chavez oc918 at mizzou.edu
Sun Aug 5 09:02:10 CEST 2001

At 18:19 -0400 8/4/01, K. R. Subramanian wrote:

>This is with regard to doing NSF proposals using pdflatex. Is the following
>from NSF Fastlane Help Desk true? I would have thought that using
>conversion tools to go from dvi-ps-pdf would be a little less
>reliable than doing pdflatex..

I would just say that pdf done with pdflatex has fonts problems when
printed from Acrobat or Acrobat Reader 5.0 (although it works
perfectly with Acrobat Reader 4.04). I don't know the reason or how
to solve it, it is simply so. However, pdf produced with
dvips-distiller does not have those problems.

--
Óscar Chávez
oc918 at mizzou.edu

For every problem, there is one solution which is simple, neat and wrong.

-- H.L. Mencken