[metapost] With prologues=3 and SVG output, METAPOST dies with SIGSEGV

Wojciech A. Koszek wkoszek at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 3 10:17:24 CET 2014

Hello,

I wanted to document my solution to a problem from the ``Cracking the coding
interview'' on measuring angles between clock's pointers. I have 1 figure
for this for now, and METAPOST crashes when I try to compile my image.

I figured it works fine with prologues=1 or 2 for both MPS and SVG output.

For prologues=3 it works fine with MPS, but gets a SIGSEGV with SVG as an
output.

SVG

Will finish OK:

	wget -O bug_2.mp http://pastebin.com/5irnjVHB
	mpost bug_2.mp

No go and make g_use_svg = 1. It will fails with ``Segmentation fault''.

My METAPOST:

	wkoszek|1:08:06|0|/home/wkoszek/o/mp$ mpost --version

	MetaPost 1.208
	Copyright 2009 AT&T Bell Laboratories.
	There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
	covered by the terms of both the MetaPost copyright and
	the Lesser GNU Lesser General Public License.
	For more information about these matters, see the files
	named COPYING, COPYING.LESSER and the MetaPost source.
	Primary author of MetaPost: John Hobby.
	Current maintainer of MetaPost: Taco Hoekwater.

--
Wojciech A. Koszek
wkoszek at FreeBSD.czest.pl