[metapost] Problem with metafun

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Sat Mar 3 02:19:58 CET 2012

Hello list

I have run into a strange problem with MetaPost and Metafun recently. Here is a complete minimal example:

beginfig(1);
	label("O", origin);
endfig;

beginfig(2);
	label(btex O etex, origin);
endfig;

end;

It works flawlessly with standard MetaPost. But if I use the metafun format with texexec as TeX engine, using the following command

mpost -mem=metafun -tex="texexec --dvi" bug-metafun.mp

(bug-metafun.mp is the name I've given to this file), something weird happens: the result is as expected, but the log file is enormous (nearly 1 Mo, see the joined file…), containing tons of bizarre messages abount duplicated fontmaps… No idea about what it means.

Is this a known problem?

I use Mac OS X, version 10.5.8,  MetaPost 1.504 and Metafun, which are shipped with TeX Live 2011 (MacTeX 2011).

Thanks,

Franck Pastor