[metapost] Possible error in MPLib doc?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Aug 4 15:37:23 CEST 2012

On 4-8-2012 14:26, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:
>> Sure, but the development code is already quite far away from
>> 1.212
>
> Any API incompatible changes? BTW what is the policy w.r.t. those
> changes and version numbers? Any guarantee policies of API
> compatibility within major versions or such?

MP is rather standardized so the api won't change much, however the
internals will change as we move forward to more precision and decimal
calculation (which involved extra libraries). There has been a few
extensions to MP the last years and maybe a few more will happen. For
instance, there might be a simple lua extension interface but nothing is
decided yet. No deadlines.

Hans