[metapost] metapost and groff

Karel akk64 at quick.cz
Wed Oct 26 18:02:31 CEST 2011

Doug McIlroy napsal(a):
> I am having trouble resurrecting some 20-year-old MetaPost
> code that contains eqn formulas in labels.  As far as I
> can tell mpost -T doesn't work as described in
> www.tug.org/tutorial/mp/grdemo-doc.pdf. I find
> information posted to this list by Werner Lembert and
> others in 2005 and 2006 that seems to confirm my
> difficulty, but nothing since.

Sorry,
trying to look at
www.tug.org/tutorial/mp/grdemo-doc.pdf
I got:
The requested URL /tutorial/mp/grdemo-doc.pdf was not found on
this server

Can you explain what version of mpost are you using? TeXlive
version has no -T option. I can only guess from `eqn' that you
have some LaTeX labels in your source, so perhaps you need to tell
mpost that it should use LaTeX when compiling TeX labels?
Also, try mpost --help first.

Karel Horak