[metapost] Function Grapher

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 24 22:56:21 CEST 2011

Am Montag, den 24.10.2011, 07:55 -0500 schrieb Troy Henderson:
> I wanted the subscribers of this list to be among the first to know
> about a "Function Grapher" that I created using MetaPost.
>
> http://www.tlhiv.org/mpgraph/
>
> Actually, the frontend is written in HTML/CSS/JavaScript and the form
> data is sent to a Perl CGI script which does the computations and
> automagically creates a MetaPost file.  This MetaPost file is
> compiled, and the output is converted to various formats for display
> and download much like my MetaPost and LaTeX Previewers.

Thank you very much for publishing such things.

> I encourage all that are interested to test it out, and, of course,
> feature requests and bug reports are always welcome.

1. Using first example 2 the mapping (Abbildungsvorschrift, function
definition?) is displayed left of the y-axis instead of y-axis. Then
entering f(x) = x**2 and hitting preview the mapping is not updated.
2. Besides that the labeling always seems to be y-axis. Having the
function definition in there would be nice.
3. A default interval could be defined like 1 to 10 or so. Although we
can always define function which would not be defined there.

Thanks,

Paul