[metapost] CMYK colours in SVG output

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Fri Jul 8 17:44:35 CEST 2011

schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
> On 07/07/2011 07:44 PM, Stephan Hennig wrote:
>>
>> To be honest, I'd expect MetaPost to error out on colouring objects with
>> colours from a colour model that isn't supported by the output format.
>
> Metapost has a long tradition of implied built in color conversions
> (like auto-mapping of rgb to greyscale if r=g=b),

Can you give an example?  This writes an RGB grey into the output:

beginfig(1);
  draw fullcircle withcolor .3white;
endfig;
end

> For now, there is a very simple solution, though: do not use cmyk
> color with svg output (also, if you create svg, I think you should
> know already that it does not support cmyk).

The problematic case is probably when you use named colours in EPS
output (intentionally a CMYK colour) and later decide to generate an SVG
file.  There is nothing that reminds you of the colour model issue,
currently.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig