[metapost] how to use mpstoeps on a Windows machine

Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan yogeshwarsing.calleecharan at ltu.se
Sun Nov 29 10:50:06 CET 2009

Hi,
   Thanks. I'm actually using gnuplot for making my graphs. I set the value of prologues:=3 but I didn't get any EPS file. I also tried mptopdf. It's part of TeXLive 2009 which I have on my Win XP machine. My mp file is name myfigu.mp and the output of using mpost (mp) command is myfigu.2 .I tried 2 options:

1. mptopdf myfigu.2

(assuming labels are not typeset with LaTeX...I'm using the option 'tex' in gnuplot).

I don't get any pdf file output.

2. I then tried: mptopdf --latex myfigu.mp

Still, I don't get any pdf file output.

I tried mptopdf without setting the prologues value and it doesn't seem to have an effect.

I then went to Troy Henderson's page at http://www.tlhiv.org/mppreview/ . He offers a free previewer and then I could get my file in EPS format.

Any suggestions regarding mptopdf or gnuplot?

Thanks again
Yogeshwarsing