[metapost] interaction in mpost

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Thu Mar 26 19:34:50 CET 2009

At 04:06 AM 3/26/2009, Karel wrote:

>I repeat also that in newer versions of mpost it
>is not possible to use -interaction
>even if the help this suggests:
>
>mpost -interaction=nonstopmode cover
>warning: mpost: unknown option argument
>-interaction=nonstopmode
>This is MetaPost, version 1.102 (kpathsea version
>3.5.7)

I might add that the corresponding MP commands (batchmode,
nonstopmode, scrollmode and errorstopmode) are recognized.
Since one can put MP commands on the mpost command line one
can use the following as a workaround:
     mpost \nonstopmode; input filename;
with quoting possibly needed in some OSs.

However, these Metapost mode commands are not documented in
my version of mpman (dated May 13, 2008, documenting MP ver. 1.005).

Some other documentation problems:

  - Three of the <message command>s are missing from the index:
    message, ermessage and errhelp.

  - Regarding the syntax diagram for <message command>: does
    filenametemplate really count as a message command?

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas
"Dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum" --Descartes