[metapost] MPlib beta 1.080

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Thu Jul 3 00:40:59 CEST 2008

At 04:54 PM 7/2/2008, you wrote:
>Dan Luecking wrote:
>>>Yes, it was set; after commenting it off mpost refuses to typeset the
>>>first label:
>>>This is MetaPost, version 1.080 (kpathsea version 3.5.6dev) (mem=mpost
>>>2008.07.02)  2 JUL 2008 16:47
>>>**q
>>>(./q.mp
>>>! Missing `,' has been inserted.
>>><to be read again>
>>>                     begingroup
>>>l.2 begingroup
>>>                 save _p,_r,_s,_n; picture _p; _p=nullpicture;
>>I eventually got the same error. But first, I got this error, which
>>may be Windows-specific:
>>warning: kpathsea: configuration file texmf.cnf not found in these
>>directories:
>>[many directories deleted];
>>c:/TL2007/bin/texmf/web2c:/.:/opt/tex/texmf/web2c:/opt/tex/texmf/web2c;
>>c:/TL2007/texmf/web2c:/.:/opt/tex/texmf/web2c:/opt/tex/texmf/web2c.
>
>there can be a bunch of precompiled paths
>involved; also tex live can play safe (on linux
>for instance there is a bunch of
>local,share,sys-something paths) normally it does ot hurt (apart from speed)

I am not sure what your point is. Some program was unable to find
C:/TL2007/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf even though its directory was on
the list of directories searched. All programs in TeXLive 2007
search that directory and succeed in finding texmf.cnf without
any TEXMFCNF variable needing to be set. This includes TeX. This
failure to find texmf.cnf happens only with label creation, so
perhaps mpost is not calling TeX correctly.

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas
"Dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum" --Descarte