[metapost] MetaPost 1.001 announcement

L. Nobre G. nobre at cii.fc.ul.pt
Wed Nov 14 19:59:24 CET 2007

On 14/11/2007, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> > The MetaPost team is happy to announce a new release of MetaPost:

> > MetaPost 1.001
> >
> > The sources and a win32 package can be downloaded immediately from
> >
> >    https://foudnry.supelec.fr/projects/metapost/
>
> Sorry, that is (almost) the same typo as in the previous announcement.
> It should be:
>
>    http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/metapost/

Well, it works for me
but

1) It is about time to update the file "INSTALL". I use a Debian
GNU/Linux system with TeX-Live 2007, so I run the script "build.linux"
to compile the MetaPost source. This script creates a "native"
directory containing all the necessary executables and there is no
"mp.pool" anymore. When copying the executables to
"texlive/2007/bin/i386-linux/" (or similar) one should remember to
"chown root:staff *"

2) MetaPost programs starting with

   verbatimtex
   \documentclass{article}
   \usepackage{amsmath}
   \usepackage{amssymb}
   \usepackage{mathptm}
   \begin{document}
   etex;

   defaultfont := "cmr12";
   defaultscale := 12pt /fontsize defaultfont;

are now broken when using "export TEX=latex".

Greetings
--
L. Nobre G. - http://burocracia.blogspot.com/
"The human species is entering a period of dramatic and potentially