[metapost] Different colours in a label

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 19:52:59 CET 2007

On 11/12/07, Pétiard François wrote:
> Aditya Mahajan a écrit :
> > You need to have both ConTeXt and ruby installed. Compile this with
> > texexec <filename> and it will give you a pdf file.
> >
> > So you can generate your figures through context, and include the
> > resulting pdf file in the latex document.
>
> Thank you but I don't have installed ruby and that's not a solution for
> me, because I need to exchange files with other persons and I can't ask
> them to install ruby...

It probably won't change anything, but: assuming that the problem is
solved in the new version of MikTeX (within a few days), you will
probably have problems asking people to install the new version of
MikTeX then, which is a more serious problem.

Note that you don't need to install ruby (which requires admin
rights). It's enough to unzip it and have the bin folder in path
(which is what I did in campus, so that I don't need to beg in
computer center to install ruby on all computers only for me).

Mojca

PS: no need to excuse, I have already broken a few computers while
installing TeX distributions on other people's computers (TeX Live
2007 on Debian stable) just because they wanted to compile my TeX
files, so I completely understand what problems are connected with
"asking other people to compile your files"

OTOH, it might be that you won't need ruby for running ConTeXt in
MikTeX 2.8 any more :), but that might be too late to finish your
current project :)