[metapost] MP docs

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun May 20 22:45:52 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>> Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>>> No, but it could be a greyscale, as Hans proposed. But I am not sure
>>> that that is a good idea. The whole point of also having greyscale
>>> and CMYK color models is to have more control over color conversions.
>> gray conversion?
>>
>> a rip translates the 4th component to a b/w plate anyway and does the
>> same with a gray scale
>>> grey levels are bare numerics, yes. It seemed silly and
>>> over-complicated
>>> to introduce a <type> for a <single value>.
>>>
>> hm, but withcolor <numeric> does not work so one cannot use
>> greyscales as one used rgb/cmyk which is inconsistent and more silly
>
> But that does work.
>
>   beginfig(1);
>   fill unitsquare scaled 100 withcolor .5;
>   endfig;
>   end
>
> is fine. I assume you have it confused with something else.
hm, maybe a typo in my test file; so we will have:

let graycolor = numeric ;
let greycolor = numeric ;

rgbcolor  red       ; red        := (1,0,0) ;
rgbcolor  green     ; green      := (0,1,0) ;
rgbcolor  blue      ; blue       := (0,0,1) ;
rgbcolor  rgbblack  ; rgbblack   := (0,0,0) ;
rgbcolor  rgbwhite  ; rgbwhite   := (1,1,1) ;
cmykcolor cyan      ; cyan       := (1,0,0,0) ;
cmykcolor magenta   ; magenta    := (0,1,0,0) ;
cmykcolor yellow    ; yellow     := (0,0,1,0) ;
cmykcolor cmykblack ; cmykblack  := (0,0,0,1) ;
cmykcolor cmykwhite ; cmykwhite  := (0,0,0,0) ;
graycolor black     ; black      := 0 ;
graycolor white     ; white      := 1 ;

fill fullcircle scaled 10cm withcolor  cyan ;
fill fullcircle scaled  7cm withcolor   red ;
fill fullcircle scaled  4cm withcolor white ;

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE