[metapost] mptopdf loses characters

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Sat Feb 24 18:05:00 CET 2007

Hi,

the following file prints two letters 'e' at the same position.  Looking
into MetaPost's eps output both characters seem to be available at that
stage.

However, after converting the file to pdf by mptopdf the information
that there were two characters seems to be lost.  Neither can I copy
both characters from AR7 nor is pdftotext able to extract two
characters, but only one.  I would regard this a bug.

On the other hand, epstopdf fails converting the file without
information loss, too.  Is this behaviour in compliance with ps/pdf specs?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig

prologues := 1;
beginfig(1);