[metapost] Metapost and fonts

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Feb 13 09:37:37 CET 2007

Hi again Geoff,

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> The problem is caused by mptopdf's assumption that the files
> it has to convert are created by TeX, so there must be a tfm
> file present. Whether this can be solved, I do not know.

I just reread that, and realized that it does not make much
sense. I should have waited a bit longer before posting, sorry.

What I meant to say was: mptopdf assumes that the text labels
inside the figure are the results of btex ... etex processing
through TeX, as opposed to direct double-quote infont labels.
It follows that it assumes that there is a tfm file for each
of the used fonts, and that is the problem.

Cheers, Taco