[metapost] Metapost 0.993 beta released
taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Dec 18 13:05:51 CET 2006
I am pleased to announce that a new beta version of the upcoming
MetaPost release can be downloaded:
There is a source distribution available, and also binary
packages for linux and win32 (cross-compiled using mingw32).
There are a few small differences wrt the previous beta:
* In mpost --troff mode, the secondary default map file is now
troff.map instead of pdftex.map, and groff.map is renamed accordingly.
(following discussions with Michail Vidiassov)
* makempx now (attempts to) do directory traversal when it is deleting
its temporary files at the end of the run. This should prevent the
appearance of files with names like "mp3sZws4.toc", as reported on
* Vladimir Volowich pointed out a few gcc-isms in dmp_ffile.c and
* The manual 'mpman' is updated again, and a small set of corrections
found by Stephan Hennig incorporated.
* mpost and makempx now have version number 0.993
More information about the metapost