[metapost] Re: a "randomseed" workaround

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 7 16:03:25 CET 2005

    Except that time is in minutes, whence misbehavior of randomseed.

Another item for Taco, I guess -- seems like that should be easily
changeable.  All current os's supply time in seconds at least, not to
mention milliseconds or microseconds.

    "scantokens" is a strange syntax for a type conversion.

Ah, now I understand what you're getting at.  Thanks.
I added a tiny bit about it.

scantokens does not appear in the reference part of the manual at all
(the tables at the end).  I'm not sure where it belongs, and I couldn't
find it in the syntax parts of the MFbook either.  (And input and other
similar commands are missing too -- I must be confused.)  A
"function-like macro", maybe?

    If you were to maintain a current ".pdf" beta version of the

Ok, fair enough.  I checked in the pdf.

Thanks,
karl