[metapost] help: i want draw a 3d-component (software) diagram, could anyone give me some advice?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 18:55:57 CEST 2005

Can you be more specific? Noone can read your mind.

Metapost does not (fully) support 3D, but you can fake it to some
certain degree. You can't get smooth shadings (if you wanted to draw a
sphere for example), but you can do almost everything else. See page 54
of http://remote.science.uva.nl/~heck/Courses/mptut.pdf for example.

BTW: the Subject should give the idea of what you are looking for, try
to specify details in the body of the message.

Example:

Subject: drawing 3D (software) diagram

Body:
I would like to draw a 3D diagram of ..., similar as the one on the
http://somepage.org/something-similar-that-i-want-to-achive.png.
I don't know how to ... Can anyone give me any hints?

Mojca