[metapost] How to insert MeTaPost into MS Word ? Urgent.

Matthias Pospiech matthias.pospiech at gmx.de
Sat Nov 20 15:26:49 CET 2004

Am Freitag, 19. November 2004 17:40 schrieb Jan mucha:
> How one can insert metapost picture into ms word
> document?

You could look up the answer in comp.text.tex. I am sure I have seen the same
question with answers there in the last few days already.

> I tried:
>
> 1.
> dvips -E -o figure.eps figure.dvi
>
> where figure.dvi (one page LaTex document) includes
> metapost figure via
> \includegraphics{figure.1}
>
> When I try to insert figure.eps into ms word 2003 the
> quality
> of printing (1200 dpi) is disappointed, much much
> worse than
> the result obtained by printing directly figure.eps.

Probably the a preview bitmap picture (which has lot less than 300dpi) is used
by Word and printed

> 2. I try to use ImageMagic, The Gimp, pstoedit to
> convert
> figure.eps to e.g.: .png, .jpeg, .gif formats and then
> insert
> figure.png(jpeg...) into ms word but result is
> even worse. Actually almost nothing is printing from
> the figure.

If it contains a preview picture only this is converted by gimp. Otherwise the
quality of conversion via gimp does not reduce the quality of the picture.

Matthias

Matthias Pospiech
Schneiderberg 28, 30167 Hannover
email: matthias.pospiech at gmx.de