[math-font-discuss] math-font-discuss Digest, Vol 39, Issue 1

Guenter Milde milde at users.sf.net
Fri Jan 25 10:55:36 CET 2013

On 2013-01-24, Marco wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding:  --]

> Hi Guenter,

> Thank you very much for your answer. It is not the first time I try to
> install fourier.sty. However, it is simply hard to get it to work in my
> system, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Searching the internet is not helping also.

> Here is what i do:

> 1) I went to the site you gave me and downloaded the complete package:
>  http://mirrors.ctan.org/fonts/fourier-GUT.zip
> 2) I copy the files to my usr/share/texmf-texlive directory (I organize the
> according to the existing structure)
> 3) I run "sudo texhash"

Individually downloaded files should never go to /usr/share/... but to
/usr/local/share/... Also, font setup requires some more steps, but this
might not be required in your case:

If you use the texlive packages from Ubuntu, move the locally installed
files out of the way (or delete them) and install

  texlive-fonts-extra

with the Ubuntu/Debian package manager (apt-get, aptitude, or synaptic).

Hope this helps,

Günter