[math-font-discuss] help

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Wed Oct 27 08:01:58 CEST 2010

On  25 Oct, 2010, at 12:32, Ali Ali wrote:

> Dear sir
> How I can change my math font to my own arbitrary font.
> please help me thanks you
> ali khalili

If you are using LaTeX, there is really no way to change to an ``arbitrary'' math font ---that is, the font has to have all the symbols required to typeset math. That said, there is a wealth of very well designed math fonts; see, for example,

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/Free_Math_Font_Survey/survey.html

If you have a recent TeXLive (or, I think, MiKTeX) distribution, you already have those fonts, and all you have to do is put in your preamble the package to use the font you choose; for example,

\usepackage{pxfonts}

to use Palatino.

Also, you can consider XeTeX:

http://xml.web.cern.ch/XML/lgc2/xetexmain.pdf

http://www.tug.org/xetex/

With the use of the fontspec package:

http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/fontspec/

you can use many math characters (mostly letters) to any font you have in your system; but for symbols, not all fonts have them.

Best,

Axel