[math-font-discuss] Math Font: Kurier

ashish jain ajain at isr.ist.utl.pt
Sat Mar 20 01:30:47 CET 2010

Dear All,

I have been trying to install the math font kurier for about two weeks now
on a 32 bit Ubuntu (9.10) TexLive installation. The following are the steps
I followed:-

   1. Copied all the contents of package kurier in the appropriate
   directories in $HOME/texmf
   2. Ran mktexlsr $HOME/texmf
   3. Created a file called '99local-kurier.cfg' in
   $HOME/.texmf-config/updmap.d
   4. The contents of this file are [ ';' stands for end of line] : "Map
   kurier-cs.map;Map kurier-greek.map;Map kurier-sy.map;Map
   kurier-texnansi.map;Map kurier-ec.map;Map kurier.map;Map kurier-t2a.map;Map
   kurier-ts1.map;Map kurier-el.map;Map kurier-mi.map;Map kurier-t2b.map;Map
   kurier-wncy.map;Map kurier-ex.map;Map kurier-qx.map;Map kurier-t2c.map;Map
   kurier-exp.map;Map kurier-rm.map;Map kurier-t5.map;"
   5. When all this did not work, I copied all the contents of $HOME/texmf
   to /usr/local/share/texmf
   6. Ran sudo mktexlsr
   7. Copied the cfg file to /etc/texmf/updmap.d directory
   8. Ran sudo update-updmap

Now, when I try to compile the following simple tex file using pdftex, I get
the warning "pdfTeX warning: /usr/bin/pdflatex (file qx-kurierr): Font
qx-kurierr at 600 not found." Furthermore, when I try view the pdf, the pdf
viewer shows a completely white blank file.

\documentclass[a4paper,10pt]{article}
\usepackage{kurier}
\begin{document}
This is just a test.
\end{document}

When I try to compile the same file using latex, it gives zero errors and
warnings but when I try to view the dvi file, I can only see a bunch of
small rectangular pixels in place of the text.

Kindly help.

Sincerely yours,

Ashish