[math-font-discuss] Setting up fonts for TeX maths

Ulrik Vieth ulrik.vieth at arcor.de
Wed Jul 14 01:13:43 CEST 2010

Given that you already have a font with all the glyphs in FontForge,
possibly already encoded to Unicode slots, my suggestion would be
to forget about all the old 8-bit font encodings.

Instead it might be easier to create an OpenType math font for use
with XeLaTeX or LuaLaTeX. Both engines will be shipped with TL2010,
and LaTeX macro support for unicode-math will also be included.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with font editing myself,
but you may be interested to check out, what Khaled Hosny has done
to create a full-featured OpenType math with FontForge starting
from some other fonts providing the raw glyphs.

http://github.com/khaledhosny/xits-math

Regards,
Ulrik Vieth