[OS X TeX] [OT] Hijacking thread

Raphael Attie raphael.attie at mac.com
Thu Nov 12 19:35:25 CET 2009

Le 12 nov. 09 à 19:16, David Watson a écrit :

> On Nov 12, 2009, at 10:58 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> There was a thread containing a couple of posts. Then it was hijacked
>> by no one than thread originator. Then after couple of posts another
>> (and highly esteemed member of this list) decided to explain the
>> hijacker the fallacy of his behaviour and almost everyone in this
>> list
>> decided to take a part in this fun. As a result both TeX threads were
>> buried under a huge and fast growing pile of Netetiquette 101 and
>> Emailing Primer.
>>
>> Not that I am against tarring and feathering of Thread Hijacker but I
>> suggest to do it in a separate thread as such posting is also a
>> thread
>> hijacking :-)
>
> Note that I usually send a message off-list, but we seem to have had
> a slew of these lately.
> I try to couch my words so that it doesn't embarrass the violator.
> It's important for them to realize that their post may be ignored if
> buried in someone else's thread

No offense taken guys, I'm guilty as charged. And I think i got the
message, as you noticed I created a special thread afterwards to
apologize, while the previous hijacked thread was kept being...
hijacked =/ by my "followers".

But quite funny though, Victor reminds me of Master Yoda saying to
skywalker :

"Who's the foolest, the fool, or the one following him ?" =)

Raphael Attie
Ph.D Student
Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research
Max Planck Str. 2
37191 Katlenburg-Lindau
Germany