[OS X TeX] Macintouch report on TeX versus Word

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 26 00:33:12 CET 2009

Am 25.01.2009 um 18:00 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> Am I misinterpreting here? You don't need the inputenc package with
> xelatex if you save in UTF-8 since xetex assumes UTF-8 encoding.
> YOu only need to use the inputenc package with (pdf)latex since
> those assume ascii input.

I probably did not cite enough of Jason's message. Having cited that
he was thinking of differences between pdfLaTeX and XeLaTeX my
annotation would have been clearer.

One purpose of my template is also to show that pdfLaTeX and XeLaTeX
are not so far apart. But pdfLaTeX needs to make a lot of effort.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.