[OS X TeX] Addition TeXShop Key Bindings.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 21 16:52:18 CEST 2006

Howdy,

I've put up something on my download site, <http://homepage.mac.com/
herbs2/>, that might be of interest to those using TeXShop. It is
possible to add functionality to applications that use the NSTextView
framework for text entry (this includes TeXShop and several other
text editors [Sigh... not BBEdit], Mail and other applications). I've
put together what I believe is a useful set of additional bindings
that are easy to add (and remove if you don't like them). This is
available, with installation instructions and a webloc file that
points to lots more information about this technique as well as an
Incremental Search InputManager (produced by Michael O. McCracken).
Pick up the files as KeyBindings.zip.

E.g., setting a Mark in a file buffer (using Ctl-x Space with the
binding I supply) and then swapping the insertion point and the Mark
(using Ctl-x Ctl-x). Handy for jumping back and forth between two
locations in a file. (Yes, I know that this is taken from emacs.)

You can also add an incremental search into all of this too. This is
available in all applications that use NSTextView for text entry;
e.g., TeXShop and several other editors (not BBEdit though), Mail
and, I believe, text entry boxes in Safari.

Please let me know of any problems you have installing this and also
what you think about it.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)